Thursday, November 26, 2015

Mature Fashion: Holiday Hurdle #2

Good Evening, Fashionistas and Stylinistas;


Well, hopefully we all survived our second sugar, fats, and over-indulgence hurdle of the holiday season (Most people I know still enjoy a lot of candy and holiday parties between Halloween and Thanksgiving).  The problem is there are a few more to go; most of us have at least a few Christmas parties, dinners, open house (s), or more to attend before we all
make those New Year's resolutions to lose the weight gained over this season, and/or to take better care of our health.

Before I post some tips to help us survive the season joyfully, I want to thank all of you (you know who you are) for the e-mails, phone calls, texts, etc. (I also know some of you are following me privately).  I really do believe that most mature women have experienced some form of adversity within their span of years; I don't believe all women survive intact, I also believe many can still be broken (divorce, death of a loved one, arduous care giving, etc.)  That is why I believe in the importance of building and retaining self confidence and its ability to generate positive actions, rather than just give up. In addition to the wonderful women in my life, those mentioned and those unmentioned who have retained their courage in spite of  life's obstacles, I also know a few who feel terror for the years yet to come and doubt their ability to cope. 

I, for one, never want to go down that path. I whole-heartily believe in the expressions, " If you look good, you feel good", and "you have to feel good enough to want to look good". The first is a question of personal attention to how you look, and the second, for most people,  is physical attention to your body by diet, exercise, body care, relaxation, and sleep. In any event, attention to these areas far better prepare you for upcoming challenges.

You might want to check out "Rockmyfitness.blogspot.com" for a few tips that might help in keeping ourselves feeling well and looking good over this stressful period. Hopefully, writing all this down will keep me on track for the season.

Keep on Styling..........Geneva  rockmyages@aol.com




No comments:

Post a Comment