Saturday, July 23, 2016

Mature Fashion: Advance notice for S/S 2017


Heads Up, Stylinistas!!

We just had the 2016 F/W Couture runway shows; as expected they extended the expectations generated by the F/W Fashion Week 2016 Ready-to-Wear runway shows. Essentially, we now have all the inspiration and up-front information to get our closets ready for the new season. So, you say, "who cares!!", it is JULY and I am wearing my summer clothes, NOW!  Yes!, and if you are at all like me, I am already doing a little weeding in that closet as I discover the white blouse with all the anchors kind of rides up a bit on my arm and I put it on a beginning stack of garments to donate. I am also thinking my closet is getting a bit full and maybe I need to get rid of a few more. I am ready to curate my closet for fall. I also just received the latest batch of fashion magazines that I bet will be showing some of the fall trends now.  (of course, we already have a "heads up, don't we)


Speaking of trends, I want to bring up the fact that while we are purging our closet, it would be helpful to know a bit about what we will be wearing next spring and summer. Case in point: the little green vertical rugby stripe sleeveless blouse worn as an overshirt to the left was on my mental "delete" button; I have worn it for three years, it is of the transparent look. It has been worn with a Polynesian motif, a St. Pat's themed  ensemble, this summer's fresh green and white. I have worn it quite a bit with other items, and I thought it was a candidate for recycle.  After reading Fashion Snoops and their report on the upcoming "Magic" conference in Las Vegas (or "Project", in New York, another source I research for future fashion trends, etc.,)  I am waiting until I make my decision for my own closet collection S/S 2017. 


"Fashion Snoops", have predicted that stripes will continue to be worn in S/S 2017, but "re-mixed" in alternative ways such as the ensemble I am wearing above. One of the examples I viewed on the website reminded me of these garments in my closet, and as you can see, I am wearing it today (..bein' "fashion forward?")  

Fashion Snoops forecast the ultimate Bohemian girl; very much a 70's creature in shades of lavender, pink, and blue. They expect a lot of beaded crochet, suede, and laser cut leather (like my boy cut oxfords with the cut-outs pictured above and worn with the stripes).  they also predict more lace up wedges, ombre fringe and 3D flower appliques.(I already have an idea for a hand knit beaded scarf a friend gave to me as a present-those flowers would make a perfect statement piece).  All the artisan elements of crafting (crochet, hand loomed, crafty embellishments )are visible with an emphasis on exotic animal skin designs and patent leather and leather patchwork designs.


Fashion Snoops also predict that the trend called "Atheleisure," will continue strongly into the new year.  Many of these "luxury wearables" based on gym wear looks will be using technology enhanced materials such as "mood" clothing that will change color, anti-bacterial fabrics, and worn close to the body.


Another trend that is expected to resonate is the "Alternity" of trans-gender dressing;  more lace for men, and more gender neutral clothes in general in women's wear.  This trend is also expected to reflect itself in more non age specific clothing that can be worn successfully by women who are twenty or eighty.  There is also more blending of diversity in ethnicity; themes and many more "shades of nude" .


I paired my striped garments with the cut-out toed boy cut oxfords, the Sharif tropical handbag, and the tassel necklace. I'm not sure that is the same way I would wear it next spring, but I already have some ideas on hold based on the above forecasts and my foray into the jewelry making.  I always look forward to the new shows.  As a senior with a fixed budget, I can make the most of my wardrobe dollars while satisfying my "passion for fashion".


No comments:

Post a Comment