Monday, September 7, 2015

Mature Fashion: Rocking Mature Fashion

Hello Stylinistas...

I created this blog because I have been distressed for several years over the loss and lack of confidence I perceive in aging and/or disabled women as a result of a decline in their physical appearance. I am especially concerned with the effects caused by this loss, one of the effects being the belief they cannot do anything about the loss, or that it is too difficult to do anything about it.

I am a retired professional woman on the far side of middle age with minimal disabilities who (I believe) presents herself to the world as a vibrant and youthful individual. Although I firmly and wholeheartedly agree that physical appearance is terribly important in determining the world's perception of oneself, I do not agree that a woman , no matter her age, no matter the degree of her disability, cannot present herself to the world at large with the image she would wish to convey.

 I would like to share with you the skills and knowledge I have acquired over the years that allow me to present myself in the positive manner I wish to project. I also solicit you to share with me your own discoveries and tools you have found working for you or someone close to you.  I hope these joint discoveries will provide an even greater "toolkit" in retaining or rebuilding the confidence held when younger or more able. This toolkit  will hopefully assist in reaching that wonderful sense of  an important "self" within each of us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment