Saturday, September 19, 2015

Mature Fashion: Its the little things

Good day, stylinistas......today we are discussing little things that make all the difference;

After perusing  my notes on Fall 2015 shows and um-teen fashion magazines, I look for little changes I can make that will be update my style without making any purchase what-so-ever!  These changes may include a few simple changes in the way I wear my hair, my jewelry, and the way I mix my existing clothing and accessories.  

I noticed these trends that work wonderfully for mature and/or disabled ladies; no cost, no matter our existing wardrobe, and for little or no added expense.

Item 1:  Mixing and matching colors.  Fall 2015 is the season for making unexpected color combinations; for example a navy blue classic cardigan sweater or blazer  or vest with matching pants, a collared blouse in a bright color such as yellow, worn under a crew necked sweater such as orange, or a pea green blouse with a collar worn under a China red sweater.  I am letting my wardrobe, taste,  and imagination be my guide. 

Item 2: Rethinking ones jewelry.  The last few years have been all about 'statement' necklaces, bracelets, etc.  This season is all about layering earrings and rings.  I have two holes in each ear so I will definitely  fill them all and wear rings on several fingers on both my hands with many of my outfits.  If I wear necklaces at all, they will be thin chain type, and no more than three or wear one long single strand or one with a pendent or medallion, and not wear them at all if wearing a lot of rings.  I doubt I will be wearing many bracelets.   Actually many ensembles showed little or no jewelry, a departure from the last few seasons.  Minimalism!!

Item 3:  Menswear or comfort shoes.  This is the year that 'nurses' shoes, your old loafers, or any athletic shoe, combined with appropriate wardrobe pieces make a real fashion statement.  Classic pieces worn with comfortable colorful tennis shoes (especially if you dress them up a little) are right on trend!  Clogs, oxfords, rubber cleated shoes, boots (especially ankle length) are worn with practically anything.

Item 4: Hair; there are some wonderful looks in the latest magazines; boufant pony tails, layered buns, wraps, etc. are in vogue.  Unfortunately my hair is too short for most of them.  I have checked my eye makeup for the latest trends in eyebrows, liner, and shadows.  I am experimenting with some white eyeliner and white shadow in slightly different ways to update my look while not emphasizing wrinkles, etc.  I'm anxious to see what I can do...(any suggestions would be appreciated.)

Any or all of the above incorporation into ones fall wardrobe will instantly update the look no matter your age or disability.  





I have taken a few pictures to add to my style book (that way I don't have to figure out later what to wear-especially if I am in a hurry! )  I actually have about 15 outfits that will take me into fall and winter just using trendy color combinations! Camel, grey, and pink, turquoise and coral and lavender,...Happy styling!......Geneva

No comments:

Post a Comment