Thursday, October 29, 2015

Mature Fashion:"Its all about the Base"

Hello,  Stylinistas;


As you know if you are a follower of the "Rockmyrole.blogspot.com." series, you know I emphasize the fact that each of us are playing various "roles" in a play called "my Lifestyle".  Just like in a play, actors have a specific wardrobe to accommodate the different roles; they also have a stylist who coordinates the hairstyle and cosmetics to the wardrobe, time, and period.  I created the new site to deal exclusively with appropriate styling for the "costumes" we wear for our different roles.

I stress the importance of knowing how much of our time is spent in a specific role to appropriately judge how much of and what kind of wardrobe we need.  The same logic holds true for what kinds and how much cosmetics, hair styling, accessories, etc. we also need.  My cosmetic and hair styling is totally dependent on what I expect to do during a day, and I have created simple routines to address make-up and hairstyling techniques accordingly.  Please visit "Rockmyrole.blogspot.com" to read the first post dealing with this topic.

As you can see in the above picture, I am costumed in sage green jeans and a turtle necked cotton sweater.  My only accessories are camo colored flats, a simple chain beneath the collar of the sweater, and a map faced leather watch. My hair pinned back to stay out of my face.  My make-up is the minimal eyebrow definition, color on the lips, a touch of mascara, and of course, the basic cleansing and moisturizing of the face. The entire outfit is very utilitarian based on the chores I will have to perform, yet I can go anywhere or see anyone without a blush. Remember, make-up and hairstyle are also fashion styling......Geneva

3 comments:

  1. When will you begin publishing this

    ReplyDelete
  2. When are you posting the styling comments to your blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Brandy, Thank you for your comment. The styling posts will be posted on Rockmyrole.blogspot.com. They do not have a regular schedule as of now, but if you continue to follow the blog, you will receive them as they appear. There still seems to be some problems in people being able to sign up; I have had a friend who has a google account and seems to be entering all properly, yet she cannot get on yet; I seem to be debugging still. Have patience and we will get there soon. Thank you for your interest, and continue to Google the blog.

      Delete