Sunday, October 25, 2015

Mature Fashion: Rocking "Mod" & " Goth"

Hello Stylistas.....

I have just made new posts to "rockmyrunwaay.blogspot.com"  demonstrating  2015 Mod and Goth genre fashion ensembles for mature women.  I hope you will find some inspiration in the outfits combined from my own closet .  

Rocking Mod is somewhat nostalgic for me because I was a very young woman during the 60's fashion phase (an interpretation of the Roaring 20's "mod".)  I remember shortening my skirt an inch every year from the day I graduated high school up until the 1970's.  They say you should never wear a major fashion if you have worn it the last time it appeared; (another fashion rule I choose to contradict.)  I believe it is more accurate to say that you probably should not wear it the same way.  Each iteration of the fashion cycle must be re-interpreted, updated, and use a fresh new approach to the fashion.  Fortunately, as mature women, we have a lot more experience on which to draw.

Our 21st Century Mod has many more choices today than the Mod of the 60's.  Hi-tech fabrics exist today that did not then, fashion dictates of the time were much more conservative than today, options were far fewer on all levels.  Simple updates abound this year to give Mod that fresh new look.  

Rocking "Goth" is so right for the mature woman.  Your imagination is all you need.  The stately stark sophistication suits our ages; black will suit any complexion; if it is draining your color, it only adds to the drama.  You just need to style your make-up appropriately.  If you don't want black, grey, deep blood red, lavender, eggplant, etc. all can work.  Just add edginess and boots of almost any style.  The "men's look" footwear work the look. With my almost white hair and very pale skin, I would love to style a ghostly pearly look if I can find the clothing pieces I have in mind.  Wish me luck;  Happy styling.............Geneva

2 comments:

  1. How do I follow the website?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Anonymous: Ooops! learning curve!! The software on the last blog I created years ago automatically installed the button. I didn't realize there was not one. I did not pay much attention to the fact I did not have followers yet because this blog is pretty new and somewhat specialized. Thank you so much for bringing it to my attention.

      Delete