Friday, October 9, 2015

Rocking Thursday

Hello Stylinistas;  

During my great grandson's stay with me, I kept remembering the phrase "there is a reason why a woman should have her children when she is young.."  I believe I am in pretty good condition for a woman my age, however, I really do not think I could be a full time mother anymore.  After Jace and his mother left I began picking up my house, cleaning spots and smears left by sticky little hands, and generally preparing for a whole day of cleaning after his visit.  (I am not anal about every little bit of dust, etc., however, I like my home to present the same appearance as I do.)  If I do the general picking up now, I won't be overwhelmed tomorrow. (yes!! it IS that bad).

I realized how good this blog has been for me during the short time I have been blogging, and how helpful it will be in the future; one of the reasons I began the blog was to help me refine my styling techniques and gain new knowledge. This purpose has already begun to show results by making me push my fashion boundaries. 

Every fashion season several business entities are seriously discussing the fashion trends, etc. to expect from the upcoming seasons; I'm sure you realize some predictions are made a year or two in advance.  (For example, the Wall Street Journal has already categorized six major fashion types for spring 2016 and given them titles. (We will discuss these later this season). Magic, (according to it) the world's largest fashion marketplace, holds a semi-annual convention in Las Vegas (sister one "Project"is held in New York) every February and August where they also give different titles to the trends.  This practice is followed by several fashion prediction sources.  For fall 2015,  six names of the trends I kept for my own stylinista information were  "Bedford Avenue Granny", "Goth Girl", "Forever Boho", "Fashion Nun", "Lolita", and "21st Century Mod".  

Here is where all that information becomes relevant to the blog extending my horizons:  My personal style aesthetic automatically nixed the "Lolita", "Bedford Avenue Granny", and "Forever Boho".  As you can see from my photo, "Lolita" fashions could be downright laughable on me; "Bedford Avenue Granny" could certainly underscore the granny, and remembering the seventies, "Forever Boho" would likely not be a wise fashion choice for my shortish roundish mature figure .  

I have already posted some of the catagory combinations that I qualified on my blog "rockmyrunwaay.blogspot.com".  You can see subtle interpretations of "Goth Girl" in some of my leather combinations, the minimalism in "Fashion Nun" and "21 Century Mod."

While planning my next posting, I realized that this blog would not deal with readers who were all my figure type; all women over forty, yes, but we come in all figures types and of several decades.  Women who are in their forties who know how to show their figure type to advantage may do quite well in interpretations of "Lolita"; ( I haven't figured out how a woman my age could rock "Lolita yet, but I have just started thinking about the challenge.) Women with different figure types no matter their age could rock any of the remaining trends, depending upon their choices.

I also noticed from all these photos I have taken that my style aesthetic was getting a little too predictable.  (Mirrors and "selfies" can be your best friend) I know that the concept of a uniform is very acceptable to many stylists and their customers, however, I want a little more excitement out of my closet and to keep my look fresh even though I am a mature woman. (I want to "rock my age(s)"). 

Well, this realization presented me with a challenge:  How can I successfully style these three trends and flatter my own figure type, age, and lifestyle? Check "rockmyrunwaay.blogspot.com" on Sunday and see what I have already put together using mostly all items from my existing wardrobe (I do have an item or two I have spotted while I have shopped that I want to check out).

After this view, I would love to hear from you on suggestions appropriate for a vertically challenged, barrel/apple type figure with a small frame..(and 70+).  I am going to explore possibilities of the two remaining style trends.  Of course, I will only interpret the styles in a way that is flattering (in my opinion) to my specific body type and my aesthetic, I will never wear something that I do not like or that I do not think is flattering to me no matter how fashionable.  I am absolutely thrilled with pushing my own style boundaries.....I would welcome any input all you "boho" fashionistas.  After all, this is just the 70's revisited.  What are you doing to make this trend fresh and suitable for you now?...Happy styling, stylinistas...especially boho fashionistas....Geneva


No comments:

Post a Comment