Friday, November 13, 2015

Mature Fashion: "Following" blogs and Holiday Attire Release

An example of the use of inside Lines
Good Evening Fashionistas and Stylinistas;


I had lunch with a good friend today who has been trying to "follow" my blogsite; anyway, according to her when she attempts to follow, she is requested to divulge personal information she wishes to be private.  I ran into some of the same problems with my Lord Perry blog a few years ago.  The request for that information does not come from me, and I would not want anyone to feel obligated to provide any information whatsoever.  Feel free to contact me at this e-mail address should you wish contact:  Rockmyages@aol.com.  I will reply as soon as is possible.  I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.  I have no preference whatsoever as to getting a comment posted to the blog or by e-mail. What I do want is to share experience with those who wish to contribute, have a question, or have a suggestion.

I also received a valuable piece of feedback about the Rock My Runway blog:  It seems to be a bit unclear what I am demonstrating with those stylings; I will try to clear it up a bit. My prime objective is to demonstrate that a stylist can easily modernize her fashion choices just using items in her own closet; she just has to re-imagine how she has worn the garments in the past.  One of the more dated looks that mature women often choose is to wear the same garments in the same way she did several seasons (or years) ago. If she has not updated her cosmetic and hair styling, she is even more certain to look out of fashion, and usually adds years to her appearance. More serious than that impression,  she also appears "set in her ways"..old, mentally inflexible.

The objective that does not appear to be so clear in the stylings is my intention to demonstrate that no matter what your personal fashion aesthetic (creative, classic, sporty, romantic, preppy, etc.) you can create almost any desired aesthetic.  My aesthetic is mostly a "creative classic;"always with a touch of elegance.   If you recall, I had not styled combinations for Lolita, Boho, and Bedford Granny because I preferred to wear elements of the other three.  I did create collections for almost all of the fashion trends of this fall.  I WOULD wear any of them but I probably will not wear all of them very much.  My  personal fashion style and preferences will favor the ones I feel most "alive" within.  I will, however, wear some of the unexpected to add variety to my look.  These minor additions to my look , pared down and conservative will actually generate a "youthful" appearance.  I will, however, remain mostly in my own style statements; after all, that is who I am.  A benefit of this blog is when writing for you, I am stretching my own fashion style; it helps me "Rock My Age." We will be discussing much more on fashion aesthetic as we go along.

As mentioned earlier, we will go into greater depth on fashion aesthetic later; I feel it is more important for us to discuss what design elements and body types we are dealing with before we choose the mood of our style statements.  You already know if you "love" a garment.

Just like our different body shapes, our  fashion aesthetic can (and to some degree will) change over time as we mature.  The failure of a woman to notice her body type and fashion aesthetic has changed over the decades is another of those "aging"  impressions. 

At any rate, I will release my holiday combinations on "Rockmyrunwaay.blogspot.com" tomorrow.  This will be a good demonstration of using the same old garments I have had year after year  Aside from the classic considerations, I will take more care in demonstrating where I am venturing into "trendy fashion" and out of my own fashion aesthetic.  In other words, the combinations I will love to wear, and the ones I would wear...

I would love to see how your are styling yourself for this holiday season.  I actually bought a hair piece or two today to use in styling my look this year.

...Happy Styling..............Geneva....Rockmyages@aol.com

3 comments:

  1. I have also thought about using hair pieces so I would love to hear/and or see how they work for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have also thought about using hair pieces so I would love to hear/and or see how they work for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Hair hats" have been popular with me since the 1960's and most of the women I knew all had several. (today, the young set just change their hair color every week or so) I only really like the little "buns" or hair pieces that you can quickly pin on. Wigs themselves slip too easily for me to be comfortable for very long.
    By the way, are you aware that each of your comments are posting twice.

    ReplyDelete