Sunday, November 22, 2015

Mature Fashion: Getting Ready for...


Hello Fashionistas and Stylinistas;



Fall/winter is definitely here (These morning are cold!!) and our Thanksgiving week is predicted to be chilly.  


It is also the time all the wonderful foods of Thanksgiving and the Christmas season are in abundance; unfortunately, many of those foods, or I should say, too much of those foods are available for temptation. All too often we over indulge.   It is said that most people gain an average of five pounds every year, mostly between the middle of October and the first of the new year. Many of us make a resolution to lose weight, however, it is also widely stated in medical articles, etc., that the majority of the weight remains, perhaps forever.

I have learned (at least so far) to "trick" my weight gain by making the resolution the week of Halloween; I actually start my diet management program BEFORE the season. I still have my piece of pie (but am comre conscious of the size), a piece of home made, fudge, a (one) home made cookie, etc., but I do not allow myself to say "I'll diet later".  I found this works so well for me because, being a type II diabetic, I know I have to watch my sugar and fat intake very carefully, especially when there is so much temptation.  It also helps to remember this is the time of year when many heart attacks and strokes occur.

I also am more rigorous during this time of year to make sure I get enough exercise.  It also helps with the stressful time of year to keep blood sugar levels under control.  High blood sugar levels is believed to cause a rise in irritation and other unpleasant side effects. Let's all try and moderate our intake of "goodies".  We are sure to be healthier and happier.

I have new posts on "Rockmyrole.blogspot.com", (delving into more body types and design elements which help us "lose weight" visually"), "Rockmyrunwaay.blogspot.com " (examples of Monochromatic dressing), and "Rockmyfitness.blogspot.com", where we offer tips for getting the necessary sleep. (yes, I have already had feedback about the picture!)

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving...whether you are sharing with family, friends, or even giving yourself a holiday indulgence............Geneva ........Rockmyages@aol.com

3 comments:

  1. I like your idea of starting the "diet" early rather than later. Making those choices a lifestyle is what is making this easier for me. Happy Thanksgiving to you also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for you comments; really, I find it only works if I am conscious of it before I indulge; May you and yours have a marvelous holiday.

      Delete
  2. I like your idea of starting the "diet" early rather than later. Making those choices a lifestyle is what is making this easier for me. Happy Thanksgiving to you also.

    ReplyDelete