Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Mature Fashion: Holiday Magic

2014 Hair Color (added braid)
Hello there, Fashionistas and Stylinistas;

No matter which you are, a fashionista or a stylinista,  the season is in full gear; It is the time for family gatherings and all the love (and tension) that accompanies this time of year.  It is also the time for company holiday parties and other "dress up" activities.  It is also the only time of year that some women have their hair professionally styled or really pay attention to looking glamorous; almost all women at least get a hair cut.

It may be time to make a few New Years resolutions to allow more time for the maintenance of you.  (I know, I know, we all resolve to lose a pound or two..or five!)  It is also the time for more frivolous manicures, pedicures, etc.  For those of you who regularly attend to those grooming details, you may want to assess your current styles.  It is a bit of a generalization, but it is unlikely the same hairstyle you wore ten years ago is the most flattering today.

All of the above make it exactly the right time of year to evaluate your hairstyle and your beauty procedures.  Is the style exactly right for you? Is the color the most flattering, or do you need to consider a change?  I made a significant color change to my hair this past year.  After several years of covering grey hair with dyes, I reversed the entire process and use only bleach to "make it all white".  I must say I love it; it is great that the hair tends and styles (ombre and such) actually encourage the still dark roots.(Note: while in "draft", I received a post from the "Style Crone" who also changed to white hair this year-check her site for a lovely example)

I discovered a marvelous web-site with great haircuts specifically targeted to our age group, shown on models in our age group, and for all types of faces shapes, hair texture, and hair lengths.  It is called "therighthairstyles.com" .  I'm sure you will find the site informative. A great hair cut and style is one of the most important tools you can have to "Rock My Age".

It is also the time of year for review of the closet to plan what holiday 'costumes' you will need for the upcoming events.  One garment I highly recommend if you do not already have one; consider a Palazzo pant in a quality black satin; ones that could be considered as lingerie.  As you will see in my forthcoming post to "rockmyrunwaay.blogspot.com", the boudoir/lingerie look is predicted to be a trend of the forthcoming spring 2016 fashion "looks".  The satin pants could also extend your spring/summer wardrobe, should you choose. (Before you say 'no way', look at how some of it can be worn for daytime, and to the office)..............Happy Styling...................Geneva...........

2 comments:

  1. Your hair is gorgeous! I love your blog and thank you for the mention!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much...My pleasure to mention your lovely site

    ReplyDelete