Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Mature Fashion: Release " #4:" Beyond the Boudoir"



 It was inevitable that the delicious feel of satin, silks, and filmy laces of lingerie would also become day wear as well as the comfort of flannel pajamas. After all, the "at home" look of satin pajamas and men's smoking jackets are only a couple of generations away.  (Does anyone else remember Joan Collins in "Dynasty" wearing her white satin wide legged trousers topped by a matching wide kimono top, her hair elegantly bound at her nape with orchids?Did we really believe she wore that to bed?!)

One of the principle of "rocking ones age" is to retain our youthful flexibility; one way to accomplish this is to keep our minds elastic.
Teens have worn flannel pajamas to school for decades, as well as sweat pants and other "at home" wear.  Lingerie is  just another example of choosing comfort yet making it stylish.  If the design properties, fit,and style suit you, why not wear it?  

As you know from previous posts, I, too, wear flannel pajamas and thermal t-shirts every morning to perform certain chores before I dress for the day's role (s).  This year I have succumbed to the current rage for fleece lined pants.  I have now extended those same pj's to potential all day wear by belting a sweater over the thermal, etc.  I always do the minimum face washing routine immediately upon arising, so now I am good to go in even less time than before.  This genre of clothing, both the fleece lined and the satiny polyesters are wonderfully comfortable.  I'm sure the fleece lined pants will be too warm for summer, but the silky polyester pajamas will be just right.

Check out "Rockmyrunwaay.blogspot.com" for my "closet collection" using the fashionable lingerie look and items as day wear.  Try it, I guarantee you will like it.

Happy Styling, Stylinistas.

P.S. I was just reading my new copy of "In Style, January 2016, page 45"  a direct quote: "


Why kick back in years-old yoga pants when you can swan around in silky, languid separates, PJs or otherwise? Drape a coat over your shoulders to make a latte run, Old Hollywood Style."  

No comments:

Post a Comment