Sunday, December 13, 2015

Mature Fashion: S/S 2016; Release #3 " Grandma Grunge"

Hello Fashionista's and Stylinistas:

"Grunge, concrete, or hard edged" factory worker looks can be such fun, and of course, very practical. They are so comfortable, hence their popularity with the young crowd. 

Grunge means many things to many people; for the young in age, it usually means rough wear and maybe even "grungy" street wear.  For the mature, over 40+ woman, it simply means clothes that are practical for doing the many chores so many of us do.  I'd love to spice up an outfit of cute overalls with a hard hat, but I don't have them in my closet. The fashion name for this look for spring is "concrete".  For those of you who have a killer pea coat and want to get an early start on the look, it would go great with these clothes as well as  a heads up on the classic nautical themes. Real Levis, coveralls, apron front, wide statement plaids are once again stylish when worn in the spring season's manner; grown up romper wear.

To my left, Although a winterized version of a subtle grunge look, I have on good sturdy clogs (had 'em a hundred years!-called the "professional" by Dansko) instead of the iconic Doc Martens, my faux leather pants, and a green and black varied striped polyester tee.  My outer layer is the long black cardigan with all the hardware on the shoulders (another 'rule' I am breaking).  The clogs and the cardigan supply the edge. Should I need to go to the hardware store or other errand, I will just put on my black fedora and I am good to go. Changing the pants to a lightweight dark denim and shedding the cardigan converts easily to spring/summer wear.  (I still think the right hard hat would make a style statement!)

I have just released "Grandma Grunge", the third release of the six "closet collections" for Spring/Summer  2016 ready to wear fashions.  You may view the collection on "Rockmyrunwaay.blogspot.com".  I have also began to work on the website "Rockmyages.com"  I haven't got very far yet because I have to figure out every step along the way. (Of course, I am getting a ton of e-mail from web site developers offering to build a great site for me for a "nominal ".  I may resort to that, but in the meanwhile, I want to keep my expenses down.  As you can see by my latest photos, I am figuring out how to edit my photography well enough to demonstrate the collections.

By the way, you all know that my blog(s) are intended to represent everyday mature fashion for the woman who may have many roles that allow or require her to "dress down". These are the areas where most "fashion" takes a beating, often because these women are the ones who feel "why bother"?  I love the high fashion office and professional looks, but the clothing does not match the roles where I spend most of my time. I still want the fashion, even if it is a perfectly designed and tailored sweat suit!  As you know, I feel that if you know you "look good", you will also "feel good".


If you are a "grunge grandma", I would love for you to share some of the fashion looks you would wear this spring. You might want to keep in mind the fashion trends I shared in the post for Release #1; Natty Nauticals.

Happy Styling................Geneva...............Rockmyages@aol.com

Its the little things:

I am breaking the shoulder "rule" for my body type because I actually have small shoulder, but larger upper arms. Note the hardware ends just a tip over the edge making the shoulder look larger and the top of the arm smaller; exactly why every woman has to appropriately evaluate her own body.  No blanket rule can apply to everyone.








No comments:

Post a Comment