Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Mature Fashion: S/S 2016 Release #2 Release of" Not so Old Glory" & Season Trends

Season's Greetings, Fashionistas and Stylinistas;


Last week we released "Natty Nauticals", one of the significant fashion themes of the upcoming spring season.  This week we are releasing my closet collection titled "Not So  Old Glory", a theme based on colors and interpretations of the American Flag. You may see view them at "Rockmyrunwaay.blogspot.com".

The Spring/Summer 2016 Fashion season is filled with many different "looks" .  Usually there are around five or six strong fashion statements,however, Spring 2016 season has ten to twelve!  This certainly offers something for everyone!  I mentioned in earlier posts I was releasing six of my personal "closet collections" that will incorporate the themes I am using from Fashion Week.  My own collections do not include all the trends either because they are not suitable for my body shape or because they do not reflect my personal fashion aesthetic.  However, I will briefly describe the additional themes that you may wish to explore in your own closets. 

In addition to nautical themes (Release #1 "Natty Nauticals",), American Flag colors (Release #2, "Not So Old Glory"), there are themes that deal with sweetly romantic ruffles, feminine prints, tiers of layered ruffles that are reminiscent of Flamenco dancers, and summer garden parties.  Also offered are the more hard edged tie dyed casual and not so casual wear, shiny silver and gold foil metallic materials, and light weight blue denims. Sparkly materials are still going strong as well as white backgrounds for prints. The more rowdy looks are expressed (Release #3 "Grandma's Grunge") with urban plaids, suede sturdy boots, and a continued use of leather for every day wear. Vertical stripes (almost bands) continue as fashion themes, especially in bold bright reds and greens, and this season's "boy blue". Satins and lace, (the lingerie look) are used extensively by the designers this year (Release #4 "Beyond the Boudoir") and will be strongly seen as slip dresses and over blouses that will actually look more like slips than dresses.  Hollywood glamour more reminiscent of the '40's and '50's (Release #6 "Glam Grams") and global cultural themes, especially far eastern are also widely represented (Release #5 "Global Granny). Elephants, monkey prints and return of snake fabrics are still extensively shown in the collections and accessories. Rich brocades and lush fabrics abound.

One of the most interesting notes of Spring 2016 is the focus on wide and intricate sleeves; a modernistic twist to Victorian wear. Straight across drop shoulder looks repeat this  spring as do laser cut out designs, especially around the shoulder area and the "de-constructed "shirts.  I don't have any representation in my closet collections of these themes because (although interesting), as I mentioned above, I do not have a body type that is at all suitable for these looks. 

This fact serves as a reminder that fashion exists to flatter my body, not be a slave (sleeve) to fashion!!  However, having said that, should I encounter a garment that gives a nod to cut-outs or a sleeve with Victorian details around the wrist, etc., I would certainly try it on.  I would not spend a deal of money on it, as I believe this look would certainly become dated very quickly.   The same is true of the "de-construced shirt" (mismatched garment pieces) and fish net garments that are already making an appearance on the fashion scene.

I trust this information has given you a strong heads up on what type of garments you will encounter soon after (or even before) the holiday season is over.  Right after the new year begins, I will once again "curate" my closet in preparation for the new fashion season.

One again, Have a happy holiday season........Geneva...Rockmyages@aol.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment