Thursday, February 18, 2016

Mature Fashion: New York Fashion Week

Greetings all my Fashionista and Stylinista friends;


I have just finished watching Michael Kors runway show on Vogue.com (thank you, thank you ).  I love the fact that I had the best seat in the house right here in front of my computer. (You sport fans will love the vantage point just like in professional sports).

Although I have watched most of them to pick out the looks I want for my own closet collection for the Fall/Winter season, I really want to comment on the Kors collection because I think he creates clothing that is very wearable by a woman of any age.  He also keeps just a light enough touch in his designs to make even the most mature woman feel she is wearing fresh looks and up to date garments.

The fashion collections this year really offer something for everyone; I am actually delighted with the playfulness of a lot of the designs; I'm not too crazy about the "rag bag" look that so many designers are showing that make me think of homeless people who are wearing all of their clothing at one time; I'm all for layering, but this look is a bit much, and I believe, can only successfully be worn by someone very tall and very slender.  This look is certainly difficult for many of our 'mature' bodies.

Speaking of bodies; many of you follow my fitness blog.  In my last post I thought I could gain a little more motivation on keeping a food journal if I posted online (If I knew people were watching, I would be more likely to stay on the straight and narrow?).  From day 1 this exercise has been frustrating from dead batteries to the final realization that my beginning weight of 134.4 was probably somewhere in excess of 137, because that is the weight I was when I finally have a scale that is working!  I also found out that it is much more time consuming to record online than jot it down in a paper journal!!  I will continue to reach my goal of 125 (reporting back to Tonya).  I really need to do this to feel that I am controlling my weight, that it is not controlling me.  I do hear from Tonya that her mother has now lost 18 pounds.  I'm sure she was inspired by Tonya's loss in excess of 50 pounds!! (I understand she (Tonya) is still planning on losing a bit more!).

I am so pleased to see so many people looking at the fitness blog; it is the baby of the "Rock My" blogs, but I think it is actually growing at a faster rate than the earlier ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment