Saturday, March 5, 2016

Mature Fashion: Fall/Winter 2016


Greetings, Stylinistas and Fashionistas;

Ready to Wear Runway shows will soon be over for Fall/Winter 2016;  As you know, I already posted some of my conclusions and reported some of the styling reviews and conclusions from editors who attended the shoes personally.

I was thrilled with the fashion shows (I have watched over 200 shows!!) and as mentioned earlier, the fantastic and really beautiful combinations are much more inventive this year; I also love the 'something for everyone' choices; hard/soft, frilly, excessive layers, sports looks, long/short, boots/heels/flats.  I also viewed the street style photos from New York, London, Milan, and Paris. I believe that watching them is almost as important as the runway. It is said that the street looks are influencing many designers as well as fashion buyers. (makes one think of 'chicken and egg' relationship, doesn't it?)

Being of a mature and "advanced " age, I loved the fact that fashion forward styling for all of 2016 is just right for our over 40 age group. Women who require shoes with a lot of support, cushioned soles, and low heels have an abundance of style choices that are right on target with the latest fashions.  The variety of sports looks and layered combinations look extremely comfortable and easy to style with just a little imagination. There are just so many possibilities that it is difficult to imagine having "nothing to wear"  in your closet.  

In my next post, I will begin publishing my take on the specific trends I believe will be best suited to my fashion aesthetic, lifestyle roles, and existing wardrobe..
 ......................................Geneva...............Rockmyages@aol.com


No comments:

Post a Comment