Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Mature Fashion:Rocking Age at Home


I haven't posted to this blog site since Memorial Day because I have been too busy "rocking my age"!  As I mentioned on "RockMyRole.blogspot.com", it seems like I have more to do NOW although I am not working at the store!  

Of course, all of us retired people have found that we do not have the leisure that we thought we would; I think it is because we think we SHOULD take on more. I also hear from several of my friends, that just because they are retired, family members automatically assume they are available.


I am now volunteering at the club house library (the librarian had rotator cuff surgery). I am also attending an exercise class three times a week. and a jewelry making class once a week.  I am also re-doing some of the landscaping in my back yard, and as you can see to your left, planting an herb garden. Of course, both projects require a lot of running to the store, etc.  I am also repainting the cabinets in my master bathroom (whew, that does sound like a lot at one time!!)

I am also in the process of making some of the styling accessories for F/W 2016 so I can show some of the ensembles from my stylebook.  I just have not been able to find the time to learn and practice on dying some artificial fur-I can't wait to see how that turns out. I have made a pledge to myself to complete the project this week because F/W is just around the corner (maybe posting this intention to my blog will help me meet the committment?).

I hope everyone is having a wonderful summer; school has just got out for most areas.  There is always so much to do.  I am so glad that I still have the energy and desire to keep up with it all.  I hope it is the same for you...




2 comments:

  1. Hopefully all goes well and I look forward to the faux fur😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha...your comment finally shook loose. faux fur will be all the rage this fall. You should start seeing it for sale this month. Check out this next release for the forthcoming S/S forcasts.

    ReplyDelete