Saturday, November 26, 2016

Mature Fashion: Hats off to Hats!!

This post is dedicated to Judith Boyd, aka the Style Crone (I just SO love that name)!!

I also love her weekly (almost) posts to her website ( Stylecrone.com ) and would not willingly miss reading them. (she is a personal icon of mine, a woman who "Rocks her Age".

I happen to know that Judith is the same age as am I.  She also, ( as did I, )let her hair go to the silver tones instead of covering the grey sometime during this past year. Judith, (also in common with me,) adores hats; she has designed hats, models hats, and knows a great deal about them; her posts almost always show her in some relationship with a hat!!  Not in common with me, she appears to be able to wear any hat style of any kind (and does in her weekly posts).  I think that she believes that any woman can wear a hat; she just has to find the ones that are suitable for her!!

Anyone following my blogs (or the new website RockMyAges.Info -soon to replace this blog) has seen me in a variety of hats; they are my secret weapon for instantly allowing me to change from an "around the house" working uniform to a smartly styled woman who is comfortable anywhere she chooses to go.  Hats are also a year round method of protection from sun damage (I break out with almost any form of sun block, aloe vera dries my skin dreadfully and also can give me a pimple or two).  Hats also allow me instant control over my fine, fly-a-way hair that simple takes much too long to style for a quick trip to the hardware store, printer, etc.


I could not function the way that I do without my collection of hats; I have sixty-four of them which I use constantly. I wear hats in every season of the year and almost any time of the day, usually for some protection from the elements of heat, cold, or wind.

In the upper right hand corner you can see one of my little niches for hanging my fedoras (one of my favorite styles) and I try to have one of them for every type of occasion and ensemble.

My greatest challenge is finding ones that fit my "pin" head.  I almost wear a child's size, making many hats too big for me.  With 64 of them, you can tell that I have managed to find enough of them!!











No comments:

Post a Comment