Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Mature Fashion: Launching "Rock My Role"

Hello Stylinistas............

In today's post I discussed the first step a stylinista must take in creating an effective wardrobe; the quantifying of the roles she must take into consideration and the time spent in each role. ( You can get this information as to how one does this on "Rockmyrole.blogspot.com." )

I was also thrilled to receive a very nice compliment on the post "Rocking the Casual Role" from the website of "The Style Crone ", Ms. Judith Boyd. (Isn't that a fantastic name for an extremely stylish woman in her 70's?") Ms. Boyd exemplifies every thing I love to see in the aging woman. She realizes it is not about looking young; it is about LOOKING GOOD!!  ...She looks good and really knows how to  "Rock Her Age". 

I have also received at least one comment (and a phone call or two) regarding the quality of the pictures on my blog sites.  I know there is much room for improvement in showing the detail and clarity of the pictures and that will be corrected as soon as I am able to determine how to effectively use the timed shot feature. (I'm not much of a photographer). Until then you will usually see me with the phone in my hand and concentration on my face from trying to get the best shot.  I do not plan on using professional models or photographers to demonstrate the styling. The quality I want will come to pass but it will take time. (I worked for a company who had an informal motto of "Make it, Make it Work, Make it Work Right".  I have followed this philosophy for much of my life proving that this motto usually works.) In the mean time, please bear with me.

I will soon be posting on "rockmyrunwaay.blogspot.com"  "rocking leather" (a trend) this weekend, and the fall 2015 runway fashion "rocking Lolita", soon thereafter.

I will also begin my salutations in most of my blogs and posts with "sylinistas" because the blogs refer to the art of creating real style as opposed to "fashionista" which merely refers to buying whatever is in fashion.  (I think T.J. Maxx created the word). The entire "Rock My.." series is based on the principle that style is a package, not just fashion.

By the way, while launching these blogs I am also performing my own planning for Spring/Summer 2016.   (See "Rocking Thursday" ). We will discuss these themes later.

Happy Styling........Geneva






No comments:

Post a Comment