Monday, October 19, 2015

Mature Fashion: Rocking Lolita


Hello Stylinistas...




I mentioned in my last post that I expanded my own fashion horizons a bit when styling some Boho and Lolita looks.  I really began noticing some really great pieces on the market that worked wonderfully with my closet and could not resist this wonderful wrap.  I am so pleased with the results.  I am already benefiting from the displays I am creating for this blog!!  The wrap purchase had the added benefit of a great sale price.  I wore it with the minimalistic combination shown below and in the lower left hand corner. The lower picture is the addition of a selection of silver rings and earrings.





You may have noticed that I am exercising some of the photography capabilities to better display the fashion examples we have been discussing. I will continue to improve the photography in the future as I continue to explore my existing technologies (and the help of a very good friend who showed me the basics).  


I have completed the styling examples from my closet for Lolita; you can view them on "rockmyrunwaay.blogspot.com".  I had a lot of fun when styling combinations for myself that are a bit outside of my own fashion aesthetic.  

Thank goodness the weather is finally cooling down a bit in this part of the country (although it is still reaching temperatures in the high 70's and low 80's).  I have found it necessary to wear a sweater or light blazer on mornings and evenings.  I can now consider trying on wool, cashmere, etc.  The final fashion division for fall includes these materials and I have saved the styling for last.  Next week I will release my personal wardrobe selections for this seasons preppy look and will soon demonstrate my interpretations of " Bedford Avenue Granny", the last unstyled catagory of 2015 Fall fashion from the February New York Fashion Week runway. ( These were the three fashion types I had not addressed for myself-) I will show additional styled interpretations of "Goth Girl", "Fashion Nun", and "21st Century Mod" in future postings.  You have already seen some in the color combinations, the rocking animal prints, rocking leather, and rocking stripes. (not all of these are posted).

Its the little things:


As I have mentioned in earlier posts, moving an outfit from 'alright' to "rocking" can almost always be achieved by applying appropriate attention to detail.  In this ensemble I have kept the accessories very simple because the striped detail on the top combined with the embellishments and pattern on the wrap combined with any statement jewelry could destroy the look of casual elegance I want in my clothing choices.  I chose to wear a structured purse and plain navy suede medium heeled boots to continue the look of simplicity. 

For those of you who are interested in learning more about how to accentuate and flatter (and identify) your figure type, I am also creating another sub-blog called 'rockmyfigure' to assist in choosing style combinations that will have you "rocking your age".



Although I am finishing the styling assignment I set for myself in Bedford Avenue Granny, I am also keeping a sharp eye out for my 2016 fashion requirements.  I will soon be posting my closet adaptations to the trends and fashions of the 2016 Spring/Summer fashion shows.

Happy Styling.........Geneva

2 comments:

  1. This picture is much better!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks; I hope to have better ones yet as I learn how best to utilize "selfies", timed settings, etc. Any suggestions will be appreciated

      Delete