Monday, October 12, 2015

Mature Fashion: Rocking the Casual Role

Good Morning, Stylinistas;


Well, Monday is here again, and it is time to prepare for my traditional role of the day.  On Mondays I usually have some housework.  I almost always have to do some light grocery shopping or other incidental errands. (I'm sure most of you have somewhat similar situations because Monday usually is the beginning of the work week for ourselves, our families, and society in general).

As with most of us, habit and practice determines the wardrobe for the day; interestingly enough, I had just styled some wardrobe items for the Boho look for the mature woman, and knew exactly what I would wear for this role. It was the perfect choice to demonstrate how simple it can be to "rock" ordinary and practical clothing with little or no effort or use of time.  Here I am in my casual domestic working role.


I have on the same cotton long eggplant embroidered shirt and cotton jeans in both pictures.  The only makeup routine for each is my usual quick face wash, sun protection, shaping of eyebrows, lip color, and a light brush of mascara.  My hair is and held in place with a self made crocheted multi-colored headband.  I have no jewelry on except a small pair of plain silver huggie hoop earrings; the shoes are practical SAS plum loafer style "comfort" shoes.  I can comfortably perform any chore totally unhampered by my clothing; the materials practical and utilitarian.


I do have three "must" do errands today; a lab appointment for some blood work washing and filling the gas tank on my car, and a trip to the grocery store. As you can see, I only made a quick change of shoes to eggplant crocodile heels, added a rocker fedora hat in plum/black print, and tied a long ethnic print scarf around my neck.  I added a ring and watch and carried the camel colored handbag from yesterday.  It took me less than five minutes to make the wardrobe change.  It take me no longer to change back in work mode when I return.
Soon I will posting to my new blog "Rockmyrole.blogspot.com" to demonstrate how effortless it can be to make these quick wardrobe changes.........Happy Styling....Geneva




2 comments:

  1. Hi Geneva! Love your blog and your style. Your hat and scarf are the perfect finishing touch to your ensemble. Very clever blog name, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much; I consider your blog to be the standard I would wish to achieve. You have real style and certainly, an elevated sense of fashion. I look forward to following your blog and links.

      Delete