Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Mature Fashion: Rocking Fashion Nun

Hello Stylinistas;

Today I conclude demonstrating that almost anyone can shop in their own closet for updating and choosing the newest fashion "look'.  Every season a variety of fresh interpretations of fashion styles are presented to the public in Fashion Week designer runway shows. The last of the 2015 Fall interpretations "Fashion Nun"  that I styled from my own closet was released today.  You may view them on "rockmyrunwaay.blogspot.com"  .I do have a post or two regarding the fall trends that I will probably post (Rocking Stripes, etc.). 

Of course, I will wear a few of them only one or two times because I created examples in each of the fashion looks and I have a limited scope in which to wear all six of them.  As I have mentioned in previous posts, I have had so much fun and broadened my own scope by challenging my own fashion borders, especially Lolita and Forever Boho.  Usually I only decide the combinations from my closet in one or two of the newest looks.  I have ensembles now that I would not have styled for myself had I not accepted my own challenge to select combinations from the neglected looks. 

 I have also been encouraged to broaden the other styling aspects of hairstyle and makeup that will enhance the styling I have done with my clothing.  It has been a growth experience that I sincerely enjoyed.

Another benefit I have received from starting these fashion blogs is the sharpening of dormant technical skills that I have neglected for many years.  I am learning to navigate the requirements of blogging, the photography capabilities (and lack thereof) of my smart phone, etc. etc.  I believe that "rocking an age" also helps a mature person of either gender to keep a pliable brain.  Introducing oneself to newer technology is necessary if we do not wish to stagnate; it keeps us in step with the existing and forever evolving world. 

(BTW, I took the picture in the upper left hand corner before I had learned how to use the timer setting on my smart phone-I am getting better with the pictures, although I am still waiting for the tripod to set things up properly.  I still do not know if I will need a professional camera).

Halloween is in a few days and I have a few things to do, plus working at my part time job, that will not allow much time for addressing the blogs; have a fun weekend, whatever you are doing to kick off this holiday season.....and, if you have time, happy styling...Geneva

No comments:

Post a Comment