Sunday, October 16, 2016

Mature Fashion: Styling Serendipity

Sandals in October?..you bet!!, 92 degrees when taken
A light bulb flashed over my head while I have been researching the fashion doll market for reviving Lord Perry Patterns...I have enjoyed this year of working with the style blogs although I plan on limiting them as I posted in my last blog.  I am a bit excited about working with the fashion dolls again as possibly a supplement to my retirement income, etc. as well as designing the new patterns, etc.  I am not sure yet if that will work out because the doll market is not what it used to be  (If that does not work out, it will at least be a hobby I enjoy!!).

Within my research I discovered that Mattel's Barbie has not only added dolls with a more realistic waistline, etc., they have actually added different body types!!..as a stylist and designer for the doll clothing, this will allow me to combine both hobbies.

I bought one of Mattel's "Curvy" Fashionista Barbies this morning;  I have had a great deal of fun choosing some fabrics and designing a modern pattern that will show this figure to advantage.  I may extend this hobby to designing the perfect "closet collection" for this doll.

It is always fun designing for the fashion dolls with the perfect figure (same as professional designers and their models with the figures who can wear absolutely anything and look great), however, having some fashion dolls with figure challenges is not only more realistic, it is certainly more challenging..  I think I am going to like this new "role".

No comments:

Post a Comment