Monday, October 10, 2016

Mature Fashion:Remembering the Goal

Although Oct, is it 88 degrees!!
Well, I certainly am BUSY!!  I am not quite sure yet whether all that I am doing is "Rocking My Ages" but I certainly do not have time to be bored nor to feel that I am losing my grip!! 

You every have one of those weeks where almost everything seems to go wrong?  I have actually had three in a row!   Hopefully, it won't continue through the month!!
First, a plumbing leak with a fix that costs over $100.00(plus parts), then a vacuum  injury that cannot seem to be fixed for less than $179.00 (??!! I can buy a new one for less than that!!), my cat scratched a hole in my screen door, (cost as yet unknown); then an apparent brake job that I have to have on my car, also cost unknown!! All this on a fixed retirement income. ARGHHHH...wish me luck.

I mentioned I am re-entering the fashion doll pattern business that I have owned since 1994 but has been in hibernation for the last several years;  I have created a web site (LordPerryPatterns.com) and will sell the patterns by mail order for those who are interested.  Although I have done doll shows in the past, I doubt I will do more than one or two a year.  It is simply too much physical effort to do that kind of traveling, set up, and dismantle.

I also maintain the five blogs regarding mature fashion, fitness, and styling.  Each of these will slowly become inactive as I have reached my own goal of setting a rhythm to my personal styling efforts;  I have, however, failed to reach the interaction I originally planned when I began the blogs.  I haven't figured it all out yet, but I will. I will be posting less frequently to all of the blogs, and probably will end up with just this one; after all, it is all about "Rocking Age".

I am also actively involved now in the local homeowners association and some of the activities offered in the club house (jewelry making, exercise class, etc.).  I really am beginning to spread myself a bit too thin and, as I titled this post, I must remember what I am trying to achieve.  Fortunately, I do understand priorities better these days, and am going to back off a bit. 



No comments:

Post a Comment